Course Code: AMS234
- 14 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Performance Management, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Performance Management, is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. This course provides a systematic approach to setting performance expectations for employees, ensuring organizational objectives are met, and evaluating employee performance. It is the basis for ongoing, constructive dialogue between employee and manager. It forms the foundation for developing the company’s human resources and for reinforcing the organization’s values. There are three fundamental managerial skills in Performance Management. The first is the preparation and monitoring of well-written objectives. The second is coaching, which includes the art of feedback. The third is managing the process in a culturally sensitive way to enable the diverse populations of the organization’s workforce to make a full contribution. This course provides managerial tools to prepare plans, deliver appropriate performance feedback, correct and/or reward performance, and evaluate employee progress. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Understand the Performance Management model
- Understand the legal basis for Performance Management Practices
- Prepare well written Performance Management goals
- Encourage productivity and employee satisfaction
- Considerations for diversity
- Effectively conduct performance appraisals
- Link teamwork, performance, planning and the appraisal
- Understand the relationship between Performance Management and staff development
Who Should Attend
All levels of managers who manage within people, process, technology, and organization will benefit by taking this course.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs