Course Code: AMS2089
- 7 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Difficult Conversations, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Mastering Difficult Conversations is a key skill set in today’s progressive organizations. Regardless of hierarchy, it is critical to understand how to manage your emotions during stressful exchanges. Being able to control emotional impulses, design appropriate communication pathways, defuse conflicts, and create a path forward is imperative to collaborative outcomes. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Control Emotions
- Design Communication Pathways
- Defuse Conflict
- Create a Path Forward
Who Should Attend
Managers and individual contributors who wish to enhance their ability to manage difficult conversations.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Accelerated Course = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
- Full course = 4 learning modules delivered in one day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Micro learning = Learning module overview delivered in a one hour session
- Accelerated Course = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
- Full course = 4 learning modules delivered in two 3.5 hour sessions
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, exercises, and personal action plans
- Supplement – courses with eLearning
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs