Project Execution Planning
Project Implementation Planning (PEP) is a best practice approach to planning, execution, control and closing of a any “type” of project effort. The PEP is developed after an Assessment has been preformed to identify the critical deliverables needed to accomplish business objectives and strategy.
The subsidiary elements (management plans) of the PEP must be complete, integrated and supportive of one another in order to form sufficient operational boundaries for the project. The PEP is a demonstrated best management practice and must be shaped for each project to be relevant and serve as a living strategy throughout the project’s life cycle.
Best Practice Implementation Considerations
An effective and successful PEP effort will address and ensure that project teams members are focused on the following considerations:
- Creation of an elevated level of scope and risk cognizance
- Alignment and understanding of the project basis and critical business objectives
- Developing a clear path forward and the proper management strategies/plans required to support the project effort
- Developing a clear understanding of contracting and procurement strategies
- Establishing a practical framework for decision making and communication throughout the project’s life cycle
- Defining clear and distinct Roles and Responsibilities for all project participants
- Development of the projects operational and behavioral norms
Best Practice Summary
The PEP is a comprehensive document describing the project, its components, and the strategy by which the project will be developed, directed and monitored. Also, the PEP defines how the management team will drive and execute the work to effectively complete the project and its many varied objectives. The project execution planning best practice is designed to ensure critical and supportive execution elements are identified, strategized and executed.
Customize your Consulting Experience
- Leverage executive level practitioners
- Benefit from benchmark research
- Gain insight from cross-industry experience
- Measure results via our project based engagement process
- Collaborate within our teach/learn/apply approach