Process Excellence is a series of repeatable actions or operations resulting in a optimized end result, output, and/or a product or service. Quality is defined as an inherent feature, having a degree of excellence, processing a distinguishing attribute and superiority in kind. Now, that all sounds nice, but what does it really mean? How can it help the processes you deal with on a daily basis reach a new level, without reorganizing your entire organization?
Best Practice Implementation Considerations
There are many benefits to re-evaluating processes. Some of those benefits are:
- A decrease in the amount of time it takes an employee to complete the process
- A decrease in the cost of your employees’ time working on a specific process
- A decrease in the amount of time it takes to complete the entire process
- A decrease in the cost of the entire process
- Improvement of external customer satisfaction
- Improvement of internal customer satisfaction
Try this five-step procedure to determine if your processes are hitting the mark:
- Determine the outcome of the process.
- Map out the process.
- Establish critical points within the process.
- Set up measurement criteria and a monitoring system to determine if the measurement is within variance.
- Continually monitor the process and make any changes on the spot to keep the process within the measurement criteria
Best Practice Summary
AMS can help your organization efficiently identify business process improvement opportunities. This effort will lead to increased ROI, productivity enhancement, and overall quality improvement. Regardless of the industry we have direct experience leading technology and quality improvement (process based) projects.
Customize your Consulting Experience
- Leverage executive level practitioners
- Benefit from benchmark research
- Gain insight from cross-industry experience
- Measure results via our project based engagement process
- Collaborate within our teach/learn/apply approach
Support your Talent
- PMI – Project Management Institute
- IIBA – International Institute of Business Analysis
- SHRM – Society of Human Resource Management
- ATD – Association of Talent Development