Leadership Framework development will formalize the traits required to advance autonomous talent development and build on core competency. Organizational success depends upon a “company of leaders”, managers at all levels of responsibility who embody the skills needed to lead the corporation. AMS and our team of executive level consultants design a plan to enhance the leadership skills of all managers, regardless of their level, through an on-going process that includes assessment, feedback, and career planning. The plan should include guidelines and resources to strengthen critical competencies: knowledge, skills, and the capabilities required for current and future business success. “Emerging leaders” used to be a cohort within a learning organization, now, it is everyone all the time.
Best Practice Implementation Considerations
The leadership development plan should provide:
- Goal Setting, in which critical competencies are strengthened and demonstrated through measurable achievements.
- Competency Models, that measure and guide critical leadership and job-related skills related to leadership attributes.
- High Potentials, guidelines that facilitate the selection of those who have the record of achievement required for middle and executive level positions.
- Coaching, process to provide mentors and peer review at critical development impact points.
Best Practice Summary
The concept of leadership development has become an important part of many companies’ strategic planning, however many think of leadership planning as a “training activity” and in reality, it needs to be a process that is supported by training, yet not dependent on it. Leadership development in progressive organizations is an integrated and cultural norm supported by tools, process, and the overarching learning culture.
Customize your Consulting Experience
- Align Subject Matter Experts with your Industry, Region, and Culture
- Benefit from Benchmark Research
- Gain Insight from our Cross-Industry Experience
- Measure Results via our Collaborative Engagement Model
- “Own Your Knowledge” with our Teach/Learn/Practice/Apply, Approach
- Accelerate Individual Growth with Performance Coaching
- Supplement with Professional Development Training