Applied Strategic Thinking
Course Code: 2025
- 7 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
- 7 Professional Development Units (PDUs) granted via the Project Management Institute® (PMI)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Applied Strategic Thinking, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Applied Strategic Thinking is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. Numerous CEO surveys indicate that Applied Strategic Thinking and strategic thinkers are among the most highly valued skills/employees. However, the growing volume of work and managing in times of crisis tends to diminish our ability to be strategic, to see beyond the business at hand. This course addresses this dilemma by examining the strategic and tactical thought process, creating practical business support strategies and examining ways to lead and communicate strategically. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Use Strategic Thinking in a rapidly changing global environment
- Identify the attributes of Strategic Thinkers
- Communicate and lead strategically
- Create strategy based on the business mission and vision
Who Should Attend
Leaders and managers responsible for communicating up and down within the organization as well as who motivate team members to participate in strategic thinking and creativity.
7 - SHRM/PMI® - PDC/PDUs - 2-3.5 Hour Sessions
Instructors: Colleen Franca, CPCC
Option 1: 10/02/2019 - 10/03/2019
- Session 1/2: 10/02/2019 from 9:00 am ET to 12:30 pm ET
- Session 2/2: 10/03/2019 from 9:00 am ET to 12:30 pm ET