Course Code: AMS236
- 14 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Strategic Planning, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Strategic Planning is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. Strategic planning has become a standard skill for organizations that want to succeed. This course will introduce the key principles involved in strategic planning and provide participants with an overview of the necessary components of an effective strategic plan. Participants will learn about how the planning process affects different organizational structures and participants in the development of a mission and vision statement. Additionally, participants will explore how AI is going to impact all aspects of the organization. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Understand the strategic planning process
- Perform a stakeholder analysis
- Formulate a mission statement
- Build a foundation using business modeling
- Conduct a SWOT analysis
- Conduct a gap analysis to identify low performance
- Integrate action plans
- Conduct contingency planning
Who Should Attend
Leaders with departmental or strategic planning responsibilities.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, exercises, and personal action plans
- Supplement – courses with eLearning
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs