Course Code: AMS300
Course Title: Storytelling and Effective Presentations
Competency Areas: Business Analysis, Operational Performance, Professional Development, Project Management
Delivery Types: Blended Learning, Instructor Led Training (ILT), Supportive Learning Artifacts, Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)Request Information
Storytelling and Effective Presentations
Story telling techniques have been used in the legal, advertising and lobbyists sectors for many years. In the past decade, this skill set was recognized by organizations across many industries to showcase business cases, proposals and other critical points that require a decision based on a complete contextual understanding of the topic.
This program will provide an understanding of how storytelling can be used to engage your audience and educate them through the journey of your presentation. Upon completion of this program participants will be able to leverage this skill to make more impactful presentations, guide teams toward a common vision, influence with context and generate higher engagement during individual and group conversations. Participants will work as “story building teams” through this workshop and culminate with a story telling session.
Duration: One Day
Content Learning Themes
- Making Impactful Presentations
- Guiding Teams Toward a Common Vision
- Influence with Context
- Generate Engagement
Who Should Attend
Anybody involved in negotiations and those involved in delivering presentations will be best suited to enroll in this program. Additionally, those who are seeking to improve their persuasive communication will benefit from this course.
Customize Your Learning Experience
AMS offers a complete Blended Learning Solution (BLS) designed to provide content topics in support of instructor led programs. The objectives of this Blended Learning Solution are to provide participants with industry and organization specific knowledge, current best practices, and competency-based learning utilizing multiple delivery models in the most cost effective way.
- Delivered in 1 day
- Maximum 16 participants
- Delivered in two, 3-hour sessions
- Maximum 16 participants
- Suggested Reading/HBR Case Studies
- Video Vignettes
This course can be delivered as part of a blended learning solution, contact us for more information.
Customization is available for all of our programs the AMS Learning Customization Model provides our clients with the option to build and customize a scalable approach to their learning efforts.
- Course Overview
Module 1: Making Impactful Presentations
- The theater of storytelling and why it works
- Crafting your story with “story boarding” and “mind mapping” techniques
- Understanding your audience for storytelling context
- The “art” of delivering your story
- Exercise: Building a Foundation for your Team’s Story
Module 2: Guiding Teams toward a Common Vision
- Common vision is best supported by common understanding
- Using collaboration and giving the audience a “part” in the story
- Building excitement in the story
- Not always a happy ending
- Exercise: Build the “Vision” Statement to Guide your Team’s Story
Module 3: Influencing with Context
- Linking the facts and showing validation in your story
- Build in the risks and assumptions in a narrative way
- Leverage the macro impact points to bolster your story
- Always create a character and show the hero
- Exercise: Build the “Influence” Points as a Checklist that your Team’s Story should Leverage
Module 4: Generate Engagement
- Allow for others to build the story and even the ending
- Using supporting media and technology
- Supplement with query to weave the themes
- Cast the story
- Exercise: Design the Integrated “Query and Character Script”
- Closing activity
- Each “story telling team” will leverage the techniques learned in the class and build upon each module’s exercise to generate a “story” on any topic they choose. One “storyteller” will be selected to deliver the output and the audience will be asked to comment on the engaging factors learned in the class.
- Program Review
- Course Evaluation