Program Management Essentials
Course Code: AMS1110
- 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) granted via the Project Management Institute® (PMI)
- 14 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Program Management Essentials, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Program Management Essentials are a key business driver in today’s progressive organizations. Program Management has been utilized for decades still, many critical programs fail to deliver their expected benefits and objectives. This course will provide a detailed and life-cycle based overview of the critical distinctions, best practices, and key considerations for successful Program Management. Emphasis of the course will be on the required integrated best practices for successful management of Programs and the proper integration of constituent projects and critical multi-team tasks/deliverables. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Defining Program Management
- Understand the Program Initiation processes
- Developing a Program Team
- Review Program Scheduling Essentials
- Understand the Essentials of Program Cost Planning
- Thorough Review of Effective Risk Management
- Discuss the Criticality of Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Understand Program Cost Control
Who Should Attend
Program Managers and the Managers of Program Management Resources would benefit from this course.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, exercises, and personal action plans
- Supplement – courses with eLearning
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs