Data Driven Process Improvement
Course Code: AMS1059
- 7 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) granted via the International Institute of Business Analysis® (IIBA)
- 7 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Data Driven Business Process Improvement, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Data Driven Business Process Improvement is a key business driver in today’s progressive organizations. The primary tool for communicating about business data is the business data model (business entity relationship diagram) which helps subject matter experts (SMEs), business analysts, system analysts, and data analysts discover the static structure and business rules of the data. This course is designed to illustrate a time proven set of business data analysis techniques, methods, and tools to help acquire, understand, document, and model business data. This information exists in two primary locations; user views (reports, screens, etc.) and in the minds of the business personnel who may not know that they have this knowledge. To discover, structure, and document this “data about data”, you will learn an intuitive, top-down approach to business data modeling and a rigorous, bottom-up approach. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Analyzing process for data modeling
- Introduction to business data modeling
- Defining business data modeling
- Modeling business data
Who Should Attend
Business Analysts, Business System Analysts, Requirements Engineers, or anyone seeking to widen their skills around using data to drive process improvement.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 4 learning modules delivered in one day
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 4 learning modules delivered in two 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs