Managing Large and Complex Projects
Course Code: AMS128
- 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) granted via the Project Management Institute® (PMI)
- 14 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Managing Large and Complex Projects, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Managing Large and Complex Projects is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. Those who have come from small project management to large project or program management know (through painful experience) that there is a vast difference between small and large efforts; and that most small practices don’t “scale-up” well. This course will lead the participants through the distinctions of managing large and complex projects-programs with an emphasis on the required variations in mindset, project management practice and leadership competencies. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Demands of Large and Complex Projects
- Early Planning Considerations
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
- Definitive Planning
- Requirements Development
- Risk Management Practices
- Effective Project Leadership
- Influencing With and Without authority
Who Should Attend
Any professional or project/program manager seeking to enhance their ability to understand and manage large projects or program; specifically those who may be moving up to larger project/program assignments.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs