Managing Large and Complex Projects
Course Code: AMS128
- 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) granted via the Project Management Institute® (PMI)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Managing Large and Complex Projects, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Managing Large and Complex Projects is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. This course will focus on better understanding the distinctions between managing large and complex projects/programs with an emphasis on the required variations in mindset, project management practice and leadership competencies. Participants will explore this advanced topic by; identifying with the demands of large projects, preparing early planning actions, engaging stakeholders, creating definitive plans, building requirements, managing risk, modeling leadership best practice, and influencing within a matrix environment. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Demands of Large and Complex Projects
- Early Planning Considerations
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
- Definitive Planning
- Requirements Development
- Risk Management Practices
- Effective Project Leadership
- Influencing With and Without authority
Who Should Attend
Project/program managers seeking to enhance their ability to understand and manage large and complex projects or programs.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs