Leading without Authority
Course Code: AMS288
7 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Leading without Authority. It can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Leading without Authority is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. In highly matrixed and distributed organizations, leadership is a force of “one” at times and an individual’s ability to influence, guide, and innovate is critical to accomplish objectives. Within the “we are all leaders” culture there must be a high degree of situational awareness to ensure the journey is productive. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Placing yourself on the network diagram
- Mapping the flow of influence
- Projecting a humble sense of leadership
- Holding non-direct reports accountable
Who Should Attend
Anyone leading from the middle or within a matrixed environment seeking to raise accountability for results.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 4 learning modules delivered in one day
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 4 learning modules delivered in two 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs