Managing Project Controls
Course Code: AMS1052
- 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) granted via the Project Management Institute® (PMI)
- 14Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Managing Project Controls, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Managing Project Controls is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. As a correlation to project quality, it does no good to have a stringent monitoring and control plan-approach that one cannot actually execute. The lack of control “execute-ability” lies in a lack of understanding regarding the development (“set-up”) of the project’s Scope, WBS, Work Packages, Cost Accounts and Associated Baselines. This course explores the underlying planning-based elements that ensure project control as well as the systematic, process, and cultural considerations involved with developing and implementing a “practical” project control system and implementation culture. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Definition of Project Controls
- Project Planning for effective Project Control
- Project structure considerations
- Scope Development
- Cost estimating and scheduling
- Risk management in the control approach
- Project monitoring, analysis and control
- Organizational impact of project controls
Who Should Attend
Project leaders, managers and oversight personnel with a need to understand, build, and manage project controls.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, exercises, and personal action plans
- Supplement – courses with eLearning
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs