Foundational Approach to Global Technical Leadership
Course Code: AMS2090
- 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) granted via the Project Management Institute® (PMI)
- 14 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) granted via the International Institute of Business Analysis® (IIBA)
- 14 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with a Foundational Approach to Global Technical Leadership, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Global Technical Leadership is a key skill-set in today’s progressive organizations. Leadership best practice and skills are necessary in all business verticals, howver the application in a technical environment can present challenges related to: business lexicon, technical nomenclature, thinking modality, communication skills, diversity, strategy dissemination, collaboration, and problem solving within a global team. These challenges when resolved can translate to opportunities thus enhancing productivity, quality, and innovation. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Understanding Business Lexicon
- Stakeholder Management
- Leadership Thinking Styles
- Communicating as a Leader
- Cultural Intelligence, Diversity, and Leadership
- Leading Strategically
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Problem Solving
Who Should Attend
Technical team leads, contributors, developers, and engineers whom participate in cross-functional communications and diverse cultures within a technical environment and seek to enhance their leadership effectiveness.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Accelerated Course = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Accelerated Course = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
- Micro learning = Learning module overview delivered in a one hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, exercises, and personal action plans
- Supplement – courses with eLearning
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs