Professional Consulting Skills
Course Code: AMS2050
- 14 Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Professional Consulting Skills, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Professional Consulting Skills are key in today’s progressive organizations. This course is designed to assist individuals in better understanding the principles and best practices of the Consultancy Engagement by utilizing a lifecycle approach to embed learning. The course will utilize a framework of roles, behaviors, and attributes required to support critical aspects that consultants may encounter during complex engagements. The course will focus on consultants as individuals, team members, managers, and leaders. Bringing them all together to create a refined skills and behavioral model with in a structured framework. This will include taking time to explore Problem Solving tools such as Design Thinking, Journey Mapping, Agile Thinking, and Network Mapping all of which will introduce participants to a scalable toolbox for varied types of client engagements. A Consultancy Methodology will be utilized in order to explore themes, topics, and scenarios which will guide participants through the steps of: Research – Requirements Elicitation, Collection of Data, and Interviewing skills; to assist in the Evaluate step to ensure it is a good fit to pursue; and on to Solve where we include Project, Relationship, and Deliverables Management followed by; Implementation to include Influencing, Conflict, and Scope Management, and finally Closing/Review with Quality, Relationship Management, and extension or growth of the Relationship. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Examine the Full Requirements of the Consultant Role
- Explore and Examine the Key Behavior Attributes required
- Consider Consultant Driven Methodologies
- Becoming a Trusted Advisor and Partner
- Explore Different Problem-Solving Tools
- Understand the Importance of Relationships
- Enhancing Personal, Corporate Brand, and Image
- Understand the Composition of High Performing Teams
Who Should Attend
Any professional seeking to enhance advisory capabilities by better defining client needs, scope, and path forward within a standardized engagement model.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs