Business Analysis Fundamentals
Course Code: AMS1064
- 14 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) granted via the International Institute of Business Analysis® (IIBA)
- 14Professional Development Credits (PDC’s) granted via the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Business Analysis Fundamentals, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Business Analysis Fundamentals are key business drivers in today’s progressive organizations. The role of the Business Analyst (BA) has been expanding over the past decade. The BA function of the past was a reactive role, responding to client requests for systems improvements and other changes. Today, forward looking organizations expect the BA, Project Manager (PM), and end-user, to work collaboratively, adding value to the overall business operation. One crucial component of this is having an infrastructure to support the extension of functionality in applications, technology builds, and strategy focused systems. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Understand the Business Analyst function
- BA Planning
- Requirements Definition and Elicitation
- Requirements Writing
- Use Cases
- Enterprise and Requirements Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- BA Risk Management
Who Should Attend
Business Analysts, Technical Leads, IT Project Managers, and PMO contributors that collaborate in the project environment.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs