Agile Project Management
Course Code: AMS1085
- 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) granted via the Project Management Institute® (PMI)
- 14 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) granted via the International Institute of Business Analysis® (IIBA)
This AMS course provides a deep insight to the skills, tools, and techniques associated with Agile Project Management, and can be used as part of a progressive curricular, standalone learning experience, or team up-skilling initiative. Agile Project Management is a key skill in today’s progressive organizations. Many organizations are adopting Agile approaches for various project types, yet a few successful projects (usually small projects) do not make a successful Agile enterprise. Also, Agile approaches are not meant for each and every project in the organization’s portfolio. This course will provide insight to the Agile selection criteria and how to blend various project execution strategies within your portfolio. We will discuss and dissect a number of topics including Agile integration, project organization, scaling Agile to projects of different types and sizes, culture, governance, portfolio alignment, Agile and Program Management, and Strategic Implications of Agile adoption. Participants will enhance their experience by interacting with imbedded scenarios, participating in table exercises, building a personal action plan, and sharing with their peers.
- Agile adoption beyond the project level
- The concept and combination of managerial and technical agility
- Considerations for Effectively Scaling Agile to a wide spectrum of projects
- Innovating for New Product Development
- Incorporating safe-speed into projects and programs
- Understand advanced release planning best practices
- Re-thinking the triple constraint
- Employing stage gates for large project and programs in the Agile domain
Who Should Attend
Business Analysts, Project Managers and anyone seeking a deeper understanding of “Agile blending” within the project portfolio.
Delivery Modality and Duration Options
Scale your organizations learning experience to engineer the exact topics, contact hours, and design of each course.
On-Site Instructor Led Training (OILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in two days
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in a half day
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT):
- Full course = 8 learning modules delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions – REGISTER
- Micro learning = 2 learning modules/blend delivered in one 3.5 hour session
Customize your organizations learning experience to reinforce new skills application.
- Personalize – courses with scenarios, thought leader questions, and exercises
- Supplement – courses with eLearning, Gamification, and Knowledge Quizzes
- Measure – courses with performance tools and coaching programs