Transforming into a High Performance Team, Written by Phil Ventresca, M.B.A.
Transforming into a High Performance Team – Last week, I was part of a realization that our core team had here at AMS. The transformation from a really good team, to a high performance team is one that is recognized by the emotion and the culture, before the results. In fact, if you are looking for the results as a first measurement, many times you will obscure the real benefit.
I was able to capture the essence of the emotions, the culture and the behavior and thought the following would be useful:
I simply asked; what are you doing differently as a team today, vs. a month ago?
- We have found an alignment in our energy, through purpose.
- We have committed to a course which was selected through trial.
- We have committed to each other and have chosen unconditional support based on predetermined acceptance.
- We have focused on our confidence and knowledge of what, why and how we do things.
- We have blocked out static and found the signal which feeds us only back to our core vision.
- We have committed to become stewards to our being, not just each other, but the environment that we come together in.
- We have committed to compassion, passion and drive, all balanced and directed toward the betterment of each other.
- We care, we love and we seek thoughtfulness in all we do.
I was moved by this self-assessment and even more so by the maturity and commitment to improvement that they embraced to come up with this.